Website Conditions of Use
Effective Date: May 2022
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within these Conditions of Use are deemed to refer to Wake Up Kate, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
Rights – All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof) on the Site are owned or licensed by us. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set forth in and to the extent permitted by these Conditions of Use.
Intellectual Property – Unless otherwise indicated, we are the owner and/or authorized user of all trademarks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property appearing on or contained within the Site, including all (i) text, data and other literary works; (ii) logos, designs, graphics, images, photographs, artwork and other artistic works; (iii) musical works and other sounds; (iv) videos and all audio-visual works; (v) performances; (vi) other materials; (vii) selections, arrangements, compilations, modifications and enhancements of all of the foregoing; (viii) software, including program code that may execute on the Site’s servers or that may be embedded or be downloadable from individual webpages on the Site; and (ix) the architecture and layout of the Site and webpages thereon (collectively, the “Intellectual Property”). Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, your use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest, or license to any such Intellectual Property you may access on the Site. Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, any use or reproduction of the Intellectual Property is prohibited.
Restrictions on Use – Except as expressly authorized by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on the Site, or to use it for commercial purposes.
Conditions of Use and Acceptable Usage Policy Relating To Public Forums
The Site may contain interactive services, including but not limited to discussion groups, news groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs and other social networking features, such as the display of Linked Content from Interfacing Sites (as described in Section 5 below) (collectively, “Public Forums”), which may allow you to post, transmit or submit information, including but not limited to writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings (“Postings”). We may or may not actively monitor Postings on Public Forums. Similarly, we may or may not exercise editorial control over Postings on any Public Forum. You may be exposed to content on Public Forums that is inaccurate, fraudulent or deceptive, or that you find offensive or objectionable. Your use of Public Forums is at your own risk.
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor Public Forums and to remove or alter any Postings that we consider, in our sole discretion, to constitute misuse of these rules. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may have been such a misuse.
The following examples constitute misuse of the Site:
using the Site for any improper, unlawful, or immoral purpose;
causing any nuisance by your use of the Site or causing the operation of the Site to be jeopardized or impaired;
using the Site to create, host, or transmit (whether in a Public Forum or otherwise) any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material, or engaging in activities which would cause offence to others on grounds of race, religion, creed, or sex;
using the Site to harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
using the Site to create, host, or transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property, or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
using the Site to create, host, or transmit material which infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other party;
using the Site to create, host, or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;
using the Site to create, host, or transmit any material that harasses another;
using the Site to make false, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to send chain letters or pyramid schemes or the like;
adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information or copyright management information, including author names, publication dates, or clearance agency names, in an effort to deceive or mislead;
using the Site to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate our or a third party’s security measures, computer software, hardware, electronic communication systems, or telecommunications systems;
using the Site to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent, or to engage in “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other data;
using the Site for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the services or the Internet generally, including, without limitation, flooding and hacking;
reselling, repurposing, or redistributing any Intellectual Property provided by us our contractors or our licensees without our prior written consent; or impersonating any person or entity or using a false name that you are not authorized to use;
disclosing any personal information about yourself or any other party (e.g. telephone number, geographic address, or any other information from which an individual’s identity or contact information can be derived); and
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the type of unacceptable uses of the Site or Public Forums that may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your use of the Site or Public Forums. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
Any Postings you make will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. You understand that personal and other information (e.g., username, email address, phone number) that you post on or through Public Forums is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not include any personal information about yourself or any other person in any Postings. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove any Postings that contain personal information. We shall not be liable for the use or misuse of any information or data, including personal information that you post on our Public Forums.
You represent and warrant that your Postings are original to you, do not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights, are not obscene, vulgar, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful, that no other party has any rights thereto, and that any “moral rights” in your Postings have been waived, and you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully transferable, assignable, and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Postings (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any editorial, commercial, non-commercial, promotional, or other purpose.
We are not responsible for maintaining your Postings and we may delete or destroy them at any time.
Content, information, and materials posted by users to public forums are not endorsed by us. It is your responsibility to evaluate and confirm the accuracy of information provided by other users on or through public forums. The opinions expressed in Public Forums are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice, and opinions made by participants are those of such participants only. We shall not be held responsible for any statements, advice, opinions, or other content or materials on Public Forums. You release us from all claims and demands of every kind and nature, known and unknown, howsoever arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute with another user of the Site.
5. Interfacing Sites – You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the content (“Linked Content”) hosted by unaffiliated websites (“Interfacing Sites”) to which you or we may link from the Site, or otherwise display on the Site via an application programming interface or other method.
We do not host or store Linked Content. The display of Linked Content or the provision of links to Interfacing Sites does not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such Linked Content, Interfacing Sites, or products, advertising, or other materials presented on such sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such Interfacing Sites, or for any action taken by Interfacing Sites.
To utilize some of the functionality of the Site you may be required to establish an account with a username and password with Interfacing Sites. As these are unaffiliated sites, we are not responsible for any username, password, or other information these sites may collect. We also will never ask you to provide us with your password for Interfacing Sites. If you are unable to establish accounts on these Interfacing Sites for any reason, you may not be able to fully utilize the functionality provided by the Site.
6. Materials submitted by you – Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret, or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site or any of its services, by email or in any other way. Any information or material you submit that has not expressly been requested by us will be deemed not to be confidential, secret, or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials you submit to the Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, in any format (including, but not limited to, writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings), may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. We shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of use or disclosure of such materials by us to the extent permitted by law. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be waived or excluded.
7. Accounts and Security - We may enable you to establish an account with a username and password to access and use certain areas of the Site, Public Forums, and other services. You shall provide us with accurate account information. You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity using your account and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
8. No warranties - The site is provided “as is,” and your use thereof is at your own risk. We and our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance, title, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that the site will be free from viruses, available, accessible, error-free, uninterrupted, or that the contents will be accurate. Although we take reasonable steps to secure the site, you acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium and we make no warranties, express or implied, that any information or materials you post on or transmit through the site will be safe from unauthorized access or use. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is and shall be to discontinue using the site.
9. Third party goods and services – We do not endorse or otherwise vouch for those persons, companies, and other organizations whose goods or services may be accessed or displayed through or on the Site.
11. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WAKE UP KATE INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND THE CONTENT WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR COLLATERAL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RELATED RIGHTS OR THAT THE SITE OR THE CONTENT ARE OR WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. IN NO EVENT WILL WAKE UP KATE INC. BE LIABLE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, FINES, FEES, PENALTIES OR OTHER LIABILITIES, WHETHER OR NOT WAKE UP KATE INC. IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO MAKE USE OF, THE SITE OR THE CONTENT.
14. Restriction, Suspension and Termination – We may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, at any time if we believe that you have breached these Conditions of Use. Any such restriction, suspension, or termination will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Conditions of Use. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your internet service provider in the event of a suspected breach of these Conditions of Use.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We will collect your name and email address if you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter. We will use this information to send you information about our business and products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our email communications or by contacting us as described below.
We collect your name, contact information and other information you may choose to provide if you contact us through the Site, including if you have a question or concern or would like to receive additional information from us. We use this information to respond to your inquiry and provide information that you have requested.
When We Share Personal Information
We share personal information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data processing, marketing, analytics, payment processing, customer service and similar services. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States.
We may use and share personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Our successors or assignees may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
Personal information you post on the public areas of the Site will be accessible to others. We have no control over what others do with your personal information. We recommend exercising caution when posting personal information in public areas of the Site.
Personal information may be disclosed by us or our service providers where permitted or required by law, including where required by foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may offer links from our Site to other websites. We are not responsible for the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of other websites. You should consult the privacy policies of these other websites before providing any personal information.
Security & how do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server.
Personal information is retained in accordance with our record retention policies, which are established taking into account requirements of privacy laws, the purposes for which the information was collected, legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for minimum periods, limitation periods for taking legal action, and our business purposes.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
The file containing your personal information will be maintained on our servers (or those of our service providers). If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, or if you have any questions about how we handle personal information, you may write to Kate Kerr, President, WakeUp Agency, 1300 Cornwall Road, Oakville, ON L6J 7W5. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Effective Date: May 2022
1300 Cornwall Road
Oakville, ON L6J 7W5